Don’t ruin your holiday season by getting a DUI. Make some of these delicious non-alcoholic beverages so you can ensure a safe ride home.
Minty Hot Chocolate
Place a candy cane in hot chocolate for minty flavor.
Apple Ginger Sparklers (via Martha Stewart)
- 1/4 cup Ginger Syrup
- 4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 pieces crystallized ginger
Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in six glasses. Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger.
Apple Pie Cider (from Martha Stewart)
- 1 1/4 quarts apple cider
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 7 whole cinnamon sticks, (6 sticks for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg
In a medium saucepan, whisk together cider, sugar, spices, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Strain into a pitcher; discard solids. Serve in mugs, garnished with cinnamon sticks.
Classic Non-Alcoholic Eggnog
- 6 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart milk
- 1/3 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
Beat eggs and mix with condensed milk, vanilla, milk, and salt. Beat the whipping cream until soft and put into egg and milk mixture. Serve with sprinkled nutmeg.