Find an Experienced DUI Attorney in San Bernadino County, CA
10 Mistakes by Police that Could Help Your San Bernardino DUI
Take the time to speak with a San Bernardino DUI attorney. It could make all the difference in your case!
CA DUI laws are tough and complex. Because of this, you need an experienced San Bernardino lawyer who knows how to handle DUI cases. Of course, law enforcement officers make errors just like the rest of us and a seasoned San Bernardino DUI attorney will know the mistakes to look for in your DUI case.
If you have been arrested for drinking and driving in San Bernardino County, it is in your best interests to speak with a San Bernardino DUI attorney for a free consultation. Time is of the essence if you are interested in having the best results for your case.
Mistakes law enforcement can make that could help your San Bernardino DUI case may include:
- Stopping a vehicle on a mere hunch. Law enforcement must have a reasonable suspicion or probable cause in order to pull someone over.
- Making an individual believe they must submit to certain requests or tests.
- Conducting a roadblock without being in compliance of the proper rules.
- Administering standardized field sobriety or breath tests incorrectly.
- Arresting someone for a San Bernardino DUI because the police officer smells alcohol on the individual.
- Making an effort to obtain your consent to search your car when it surpasses the scope of the original stop.
- Placing someone under arrest and requesting that they perform sobriety tests without advising them of their Miranda rights.
- Failure to conduct a thorough investigation.
- Capturing the stop and the arrest on video but the evidence does not support the police officer’s allegations.
- If the officer attempts to modify, hide or destroy evidence that does not support their allegations.
Due to the rigidity of CA DUI laws, a DUI arrest in San Bernardino should not be taken lightly. That said, it is important that you do not allow a police officer to violate your rights if you have been charged with drinking and driving in San Bernardino. It is up to you to enlist the assistance of a skilled San Bernardino DUI attorney to help you with your case. Call now for a free consultation!
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
DUI lawyer listings are a paid DUI attorney advertisement and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by an approved or authorized lawyer referral service other than 1.800.DUI.LAWS.