You may be able to keep driving AND avoid jail in San Luis Obispo!
- More than 180,000 people matched with local attorneys since 2004.
- Contact with multiple San Luis Obispo DUI attorneys.
- Find the right lawyer for your DUI case.
7 Mistakes You Do Not Want to Make After a San Luis Obispo DUI
There is nothing spectacular about getting a San Luis Obispo DUI.† It is important that you contact a San Luis Obispo DUI lawyer as soon as possible after your arrest so they can begin working on your case.† DUI laws in California afford the prosecution the opportunity to be extremely hard on you and, if you are convicted, expect the penalties to be severe. †Therefore, you should contact a San Luis Obispo DUI attorney who you trust can effectively fight your charges!
Below are numerous mistakes you want to avoid after a DUI in San Luis Obispo:
- Do not be the person who does not take your DUI seriously- If you are found guilty, a San Luis Obispo DUI will follow you for your entire life. †Your insurance charges will increase, it may be more difficult to get a loan and you will have to divulge the information if you are asked about it when being considered for a job.
- Do not hire an attorney strictly based on their fees- Hiring a lawyer because they are less expensive is not a smart idea. Attorneys can be expensive but the goal is to find one you trust, who is accomplished in DUI cases and who can give you an honest estimate of their charges.
- Do not drive when your license has been suspended- If you get caught, you can lose your right to drive for good.
- Do not try to handle your own defense- DUI laws in California are complex and change on a regular basis.† Attorneys undergo additional training so they can provide their clients with the best and most up-to-date defense possible.† A case that seems winnable can get the best of you very easily.††
- Do not talk to others about your case- You should only be discussing your case with your San Luis Obispo DUI lawyer.† It is important to recall that anything you say to anyone else can be used against you in court.†
- Do not take the prosecutionís first offer- A prosecutionís first offer is usually their attempt to get rid of your case with the least amount of work possible. Your goal should be to make them prove their case against you.
- Do show up for court- If you fail to appear in court, a warrant will be issued and any bonds will be revoked.† This means, if you are stopped for anything, you will end up going to jail.†
If you have been arrested for a San Luis Obispo DUI, contact an experienced San Luis Obispo DUI attorney who knows DUI laws in California. We understand how to provide a solid DUI defense for your case.† Fill out this simple form and be put in touch with up to three experienced San Luis Obispo DUI attorneys!
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
DUI lawyer listings are a paid DUI attorney advertisement and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by an approved or authorized lawyer referral service other than 1.800.DUI.LAWS.