You may be able to keep driving AND avoid jail!
- More than 180,000 people matched with local attorneys since 2004.
- Contact with multiple Sonoma County DUI attorneys.
- Find the right lawyer for your DUI case.
What to Do If You Have Been Arrested for a DUI in Wine Country
Sonoma County is a popular destination for locals and tourists to go wine tasting.† You would never expect to get a Santa Rosa DUI while on such an excursion. However, it is very easy to go overboard and not notice how much alcohol youíve actually metabolized until it is too late.
The punishments for driving under the influence in California are tough.† If you do happen to get arrested for a DUI, contact a Santa Rosa DUI attorney as soon as possible so they can begin to assist you with your case.
Here are some important things to remember if you have been arrested for a California DUI in Wine Country.
- You can still be charged with a Sonoma County DUI even if your BAC is under .08.
- With the help of an experienced Santa Rosa DUI attorney, you can possibly get your charges reduced to reckless driving, exhibition of speed or even dropped altogether.
- You can lose your driverís license regardless of the outcome of your criminal court case. You must contact the DMV right away to schedule your administrative hearing if you have been arrested for a Sonoma County DUI. A California DUI defense lawyer can assist you with this process.
- Even if your BAC test read over the limit, there are potential sources of error that your Santa Rosa DUI attorney can easily argue. These sources of error can include the calibration of the machine being off as well as the breath test operator not being properly trained.
- Installing an ignition interlock is often an option for people who have been arrested for a DUI in California. An ignition interlock device is installed into your car that prevents your vehicle from starting if it detects alcohol on your breath. California DUI offenders often install ignition interlocks as it allows them to continue to drive while carrying out their sentence.
Youíre probably feeling very overwhelmed after being arrested for a DUI in Sonoma County. A lovely day in Wine Country just turned into something terrible. However, there is hope. With the help of a skilled Santa Rosa DUI attorney, you can get your charges reduced or dropped. Donít delay. Fill out this simple form and be put in touch with up to three skilled Sonoma County DUI attorneys.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
DUI lawyer listings are a paid DUI attorney advertisement and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by an approved or authorized lawyer referral service other than 1.800.DUI.LAWS.