Find a Greene County DWI Attorney
6 Points to Understand Regarding your Greene County DUI
Image via Wikipedia
A DUI can have a very big impact on your life which is why it is so important to have a talented DUI attorney by your side!
So, you had a few drinks with friends in Catskill and thought you were okay to drive. Unfortunately, law enforcement did not agree and you ended up with a Greene County DUI. Considering that New York DUI laws can be pretty tough, you need to understand the consequences you may be facing if you are found guilty of a DUI in Greene County.
- You will have to pay a fine for your Greene County DUI- The cost will depend on factors such as whether you have had any previous DUI’s, if anyone else was hurt due to your driving, what your BAC was at the time of your arrest, etc.
- Your license will be suspended- A suspended license means you cannot drive. You will be required to find other means of transportation. If you do drive and you end up getting caught, you will face additional penalties.
- If you are found guilty, your automobile insurance will be higher for quite some time- Interestingly, it will also never be removed from your driving abstract.
- You can be required to go to jail even if it is your first offense- This is one more reason why it is important that you contact a Greene County drunk driving attorney to assist you with your DUI defense.
- You may be required by a judge to complete mandatory alcohol screening, perform an alcohol evaluation or provide community service. You will also be required to show proof that you completed what was asked of you by the judge before you can get your driver’s license back.
- When looking for employment, you will have to answer ‘yes’ when you are asked if you have ever been convicted of a crime- Because of your Greene County DUI conviction, they may decide to look at other candidates who do not have a record.
It is easy to see the impact a Greene County DUI can have on your life. The next time you are out with friends be responsible and call a cab or have a sober friend take you home. If you have been arrested for a DUI in Greene County, you need to hire a skilled, local drunk driving attorney to help you with your case. Call now to speak with the experienced and dedicated DUI lawyers at 1800duilaws.com. They will compete to represent you!