Find a Kings County DWI Attorney
8 DWI Tips You May Want to be Aware of in Kings County
You need all the help you can get when you are facing a DUI in New York!
If you are out and about in Brooklyn or anywhere else in Kings County and think you are okay to drink and drive, think again.† Police officers take this very seriously and you will face harsh punishments for breaking New York DWI laws.† However, there are a few tips that law enforcement would rather you not be aware of if they do happen to stop you.††
Below are 8 things you should be aware of regarding your Kings County DWI:
- You are required to provide law enforcement with your driverís license, registration and insurance- You do not have to give them anything else.
- Do not forget that anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law- If you are being berated with questions by the officer, let them know you will be happy to answer them when you have your Kings County DWI lawyer present.†
- Do not consent to perform field sobriety tests- They are voluntary tests that are difficult for even sober individuals.† Therefore, they could only get you into more trouble.
- Speak only when absolutely necessary- If you can, nod your head or use gestures to respond to the police officer.† If you do this, they cannot claim you were slurring your words.
- Do not admit to having anything to drink even if you know the officer can smell it on you.
- Do not get upset and respect law enforcement the entire time- If you get aggressive, it will most certainly not help your case.
- You will be allowed to make a phone call from jail- Because it is so important to act early, contact your Kings County drunk driving lawyer so they can start preparing for your defense. †The more time they have to prepare, the better off you will be.
- Create a list of the events that happened prior to, during and after your arrest- This will be very useful for your attorney.†
There are many options for you to choose from in Kings County when you have had too much to drink that do not require you to drink and drive.† You can walk, take the subway, grab a cab or have a sober friend take you home.† It is not worth the risk of getting a Kings County DWI.† If you have been arrested for a DWI in Kings County, contact a knowledgeable DWI lawyer at once.† At 1.800.DUI.LAWS, we have talented, skilled and local lawyers who will compete to represent you.† Donít delay.† Call now!