Find a Sullivan County DWI Attorney
7 Important Reasons Why You Should Fight Your Sullivan County DUI Charges
Sullivan County is a lovely and charming area of New York. They have a rich sense of community but they do not appreciate DUI offenders and with tough New York DUI laws you can be certain the punishments are not fun. However, you should not consider giving up and not fighting the charges. An experienced Sullivan County DUI lawyer can help you with your DUI defense.
For a better understanding of why you should fight your Sullivan County DUI charges see below:
- The police officer who pulled you over may not have had a reasonable motive to do so. If they do not have justification for stopping you, your case may be dismissed.
- Often when law enforcement officers administer roadside tests, they make mistakes. When these types of errors occur, the results are then considered to be invalid.
- Not being able to pass a field sobriety test may be due to reasons unrelated to being inebriated. This is very normal and something that your Sullivan County DUI lawyer will want to address if you happened to take any tests but were unsuccessful in passing them.
- If you took a breath test and it was .08% or greater, it is possible for you to still win your case.
- Field sobriety tests are voluntary. Therefore, if you elected not to perform them, it can’t be used against you.
- If you end up winning your case, you will not have a record. You will also avoid punishments such as: having your insurance rates increase drastically, expensive fines and fees, having an ignition interlock device installed on your automobile, alcohol treatment, having your license suspended and jail time.
- You will also get to retain any of your professional licenses as well as any job opportunities that come your way. If you give up and are convicted of a DUI in Sullivan County, it will remain on your record forever.
There are a multitude of reasons that support why fighting your Sullivan County DUI is a good idea. There are not many that support why it is a bad idea though. If you have been arrested for a DUI in Monticello or the greater Sullivan County area, you need to hire a skilled DUI lawyer to assist you with your case. The local attorneys of 1800duilaws.com are seasoned and dedicated to fighting for your rights so call now!
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
DWI lawyer listings are a paid DWI attorney advertisement and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by an approved or authorized lawyer referral service other than 1.800.DWI.LAWS.