Sutton, West Virginia DUI attorney, Todd La Neve
|Firm Name:||LA NEVE LAW OFFICES|
117 1/2 Nicholas Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
- Trained in field sobriety testing
- 12+ years DUI defense experience
- Monthly radio show on WAJR 103.3 on DUI issues
- National College for DUI Defense at Harvard Law School
- Over 1200 satisfied DUI clients
LAWYER'S LAWYER. Smart, aggressive attorney whom cares about his clients. I think Todd La Neve is a top notch, zealous advocate. I endorse Todd without reserve. If you are in need of a criminal defense lawyer, call him now.
-Bill Powers, DUI / DWI Attorney in Charlotte, NC
Todd La Neve is truly an exceptional advocate for his clients. Todd is always striving to expand his already considerable knowledge of the legal and scientific principles behind DUI defense, and in so doing has become one of the best and most respected DUI defense attorneys in the country. As an attorney in neighboring Pennsylvania, I have had the opportunity to consult with Todd on the occasional case. I can say that in addition to being a tremendous attorney, Todd is also a great person. I have no reservations in giving him my highest recommendation.
-Beth Tibbott, DUI / DWI Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
If you have been pulled over for Sutton DUI, you know how frightening it can be. Coming face to face with a police officer can be extremely intimidating. But remember, the police are trying to collect evidence against you when you are pulled over for a Sutton DUI. So the best thing you can do is NOT give them the evidence that they need. Next time, you may be able to avoid an arrest completely:
How to Talk to Police at a Sutton DUI Checkpoint
- Donít discuss your evening. Donít offer any information about where you were, who you were with, and most importantly, what you had to drink. If the officer asks you ďhave you had anything to drink?Ē your answer should NOT be ďI had a few beers.Ē You should say ďIíd like to speak with my attorney before answering any questions.Ē
- Donít crack jokes. This is not the time or place for your best cop joke Ė or any joke for that matter. The officer is watching you, and taking note of your behavior. If you are joking around, the state will use this against you in court.
- Be polite and respectful. Police officers demand respect. Whether you feel like respecting his authority or not doesnít matter. Just do it. Be polite and you may find yourself driving away from the checkpoint instead of being dragged down to the station.
- Stay calm. Donít overreact. Donít get angry or belligerent. That is the worst thing you can do. You will only anger the cop and probably get arrested in the process.
- Refuse to take a field sobriety test. You do not have to take these tests. They are completely optional. The police officer who pulls you over will never tell you this information.
- Insist on calling a Sutton DUI attorney. Remind police that you would like to call your attorney as soon as possible. Once you are given the opportunity to do so, reach out to a skilled Sutton DUI attorney right away to get help and advice on what to do, and what not to do after your arrest.
Being arrested for a West Virginia DUI is something that will turn your life upside down. Of course, it is best to try and avoid an arrest all together. But if you have been arrested for a Braxton County DUI, you must get help immediately. Your license is at risk from the moment you are arrested. A skilled WV DUI attorney can help you fight for your license and will work to save you from a conviction.
Todd La Neve had earned a reputation all over West Virginia and beyond for his work as a DUI defense attorney. More than 1200 DUI clients have benefitted from working with Todd La Neve. You are not alone in this. Todd La Neve knows that you are scared right now. His 12 years of DUI defense experience has taught him that each and every client is an individual. He attacks each case with real passion. Todd La Neve will make you feel like part of his family. Donít think for a minute that you will automatically be convicted of DUI. On the contrary. A skilled Sutton DUI lawyer like Todd La Neve can get you the best possible outcome in your case. Talk to him today if you want to find out how he can help you fight your Braxton County DUI charges.