Find a Hardy County DUI Lawyer
5 Things To Do At The Scene Of Your WV DUI Arrest
1. Reach out to a lawyer immediately. When the police officer pulls you over, ask if you can call your lawyer. If you can, make sure to find out what tests you should or shouldnít submit to. A skilled DUI lawyer will be able to advise you of the best plan of action.
2. Donít Take a Field Sobriety Test. These tests are optional. Most police officers neglect to mention this. You DO NOT have to take a field sobriety test at the scene.
3. Keep Quiet! Even if you have a story to tell, donít start telling it to the police officer at the scene. Whatever you say can be used against you.
4. Chemical Test? If you think you may be under the influence of alcohol, itís best to refuse a breath test. If you arenít drunk, take the chemical test. Remember, if your BAC is above the legal limit, it will be used against you in court.
5. Remain Calm! Donít lash out at the police officer. Any rowdy behavior can also be used as evidence against you when it comes to trial. Do what the officer says. The more normal you seem, the less evidence the state will have to use in its case.
Featured DUI Defense Attorney:
Learn more about the Wagner Law Firm and how Harley Wagner can fight your DUI charges!