Ravenswood, West Virginia DUI attorney, Todd La Neve
|Firm Name:||LA NEVE LAW OFFICES|
117 1/2 Nicholas Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
- Quoted in the Clarksburg Exponent-Telegram and the Elkins Inter-Mountain regarding DUI cases
- 12+ years DUI defense experience
- Trained in field sobriety testing
- President and co-founder of the WV DUI Defense Lawyers Association, Inc.
- Over 1200 satisfied DUI clients
I have known Todd for years as a member of the National College for DUI Defense. I can highly recommend Todd in the areas of DUI/DWI, criminal law and personal injury. I have always been impressed with Todd's knowledge and mastery of the law and his command of the facts that help his clients. I have often asked for Todd's help in the area of DUI and the FAA. I believe Todd to be the best expert in this area in the country. Recently I had the pleasure of working with Todd at a training seminar for lawyers and how to communicate with jurors. I learned several key ideas from Todd and in fact used what he taught me in a trial the next week. If I needed a lawyer in West Virginia, Todd is who I would call.
- Stephen Hamilton, DUI / DWI Attorney in Lubbock, TX
Todd La Neve is one of West Virginia's first-rate litigators. As a lawyer practicing in neighboring Pennsylvania, Todd is the first lawyer I call when a client needs representation in the State of West Virginia. Todd is a knowledgeable, hardworking, thorough lawyer you can trust. I unhesitatingly endorse Todd's work.
- Michael Sherman, DUI / DWI Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
It was probably one of the most frightening moments of your life Ė being pulled over for a Ravenswood DUI. The sirens reflecting in your mirror, and the fear that you will be arrested and taken to jail overcame you. But now, there are more worries. What will happen to you next? Will you be convicted? Sent to jail? Lose your license? These are all legitimate worries. You can get help though. A skilled WV DUI lawyer can fight for your rights. Remember, the police office who pulled you over was trying to get the most evidence possible from you. Did you do and say the right or wrong things? Keep reading to find out:
What NOT To Say To Police During Your Ravenswood DUI Stop
- I wasnít doing anything wrong! Why did you pull me over? Do not argue with the police officer. You will immediately put him on the defensive. Instead, try and be respectful and polite. A Ravenswood DUI attorney will tell you have a better chance of walking away from this if you are not belligerent.
- You can search my car. There is no reason to let the police officer search your vehicle, especially if you have an unlicensed handgun or drugs in your possession. Maybe you have an open container of alcohol. Best thing is to say no, politely.
- Yes, I will take a field sobriety test. You do not need to take a field sobriety test. They are completely voluntary. The police will never tell you this fact. You are not required to take a field sobriety test. All it will do is incriminate you further. Plus, these tests are hard, especially if you are nervous. It isnít easy to walk a straight line when itís dark outside and you are frightened and jittery.
- I canít find my license and registration. If you are fumbling around for your license and registration, and you donít seem to have things straight or in control, the police will note that on his report. That can be used against you in court. When you are pulled over, get your registration and license before the cop comes to the car.
- Did you hear the one about the cop whoÖ Donít be a comedian. This is not the time or the place for jokes or silly behavior. The cop wonít find it amusing to say the least. In fact, it will make the situation a whole lot worse.
- I just had a few beers. You just admitted to drinking and driving. A Jackson County DUI lawyer will tell you this is the WORST thing you can say. Really the best thing you can do is say absolutely nothing when you are asked this question. Simply tell the police officer that your attorney has advised you not to answer any questions. Remember, this is your right under the constitution. You do not have to answer any questions, especially without a lawyer present.
Regardless of what you did or did not say at the scene, you can still put your Ravenswood DUI charges behind you. A skilled WV DUI lawyer can fight for you. There are defenses in the majority of DUI cases. You do not have to give up or plead guilty.
Todd La Neve is one of the most sought after DUI lawyers in West Virginia. In fact, attorneys across the country endorse Todd La Neve. He is so respected by his peers that he was asked to teach other attorneys about DUI defense. Plus, Todd La Neve has helped more than 1200 clients fight their DUI charges. For 12 years, Todd La Neve turned around the lives of those who thought they might end up in jail. Now he is available to help you. Contact Todd La Neve right away.