This is not my city link

Find a DUI Attorney in DeKalb County

What to Do After a DeKalb County DUI Arrest

Photo via Wikipedia

Contact a DUI Attorney right away. You may believe it is a good idea to plead guilty to an Alabama DUI and accept your charges. However, you're going to run into more trouble if you decide to do this. You will lose a lot more money and run into obstacles in the future. Find an Alabama DUI attorney who can show you that you still have options. You don't have to plead guilty. There is still hope after an Alabama DUI arrest.

It is also important to contact an attorney as soon as you can. In the state of Alabama, you can lose your driver's license if you don't schedule an administrative hearing in time. An experienced Fort Payne DUI attorney can assist you with this process which is why you should hire a drunk driving defense attorney as soon as you can.

Contact the Alabama Department of Public Safety. You have ten days to schedule an administrative hearing with the Department of Public Safety. If you don't schedule this hearing within ten days, your driver's license can get suspended regardless of the outcome of your criminal case. This means that even if you are found innocent of an Alabama DUI, your driver's license can still get suspended.

Remember your court dates. On your citation, you should see when your court date is and be sure to appear with your attorney, if possible. You can get in a lot of trouble for missing a court date, including having the judge issue a warrant for your arrest.

Above all, finding a DUI attorney after an Alabama DUI arrest is the most important step to take. Fill out this simple form and be put in touch with up to 3 experienced Alabama DUI attorneys. It is never too early to start building your defense.

DISCLAIMER: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

DUI lawyer listings are a paid DUI attorney advertisement and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by an approved or authorized lawyer referral service other than 1.800.DUI.LAWS.

 (800) 384-5297

Find an Attorney

*Up to 3 attorneys will contact you

Privacy policy